Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Artist Statement

My views toward traditional art and graphic design are very different. I see graphic design as mostly commercial, and I definitely love it more because the burden of thinking up with subject matter is usually not there. When I work in traditional art, the concept is usually the last thing on my mind. I tend to focus more on the process of creating. I’ve always felt more of a commercial artist for this reason. In graphic design, the patron of the work designates what will be made and all you have to contribute is your creativity.

I find traditional art to be more of a challenge, the mental weight of having to create something of substance from start to finish is sometimes overwhelming and frustrating to me. However, I do take my work seriously, and I always strive to create something with essence no matter what medium my art takes.

No comments: